Thursday, January 1, 2009

ORIGINAL SIX

"Hockey Junkie" is what my husband "lovingly" called me when I tried to re-arrange my weekends, my volunteer activities so I could watch Stanley Cup playoffs and when making plans for our vacation in order to attend all the home games of the Original Six teams. So far I attended only two games, the New York Rangers v. the Montreal Canadiens at Madison Square Garden in New York City and the Detroit Red Wings v. the Chicago Blackhawks at the Joe (Joe Louis Arena) in Detroit. My most memorable event was on May 24, 2008 at Game 1 of the Stanley Cup when the Red Wings blanked the Pittsburgh Penguins 4-0. It was a great game.

We went to the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto in 2007. It was a lot of fun and I even suited up as a goalie sitting in a replica of the Canadiens' locker room.

This blog is my personal album of all the photos I took, mostly at Scotttrade Center in St. Louis. I hope to attend home games of the Chicago Blackhawks, the Boston Bruins, the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Montreal Canadieans (most likely in this order of distance, travel cost and difficulty of obtaining tickets) by my 70th birthday! I hope to hear from bloggers who are also hockey fanatics, especially the fans who really love "the coolest game on earth"!

No comments: