Saturday, April 25, 2009

MONTREAL CANADIENS

I was heart-broken when the Montreal Canadiens was eliminated in the First Round, being swept in 4 games by the Boston Bruins. It was an exciting Series between two Original Six Teams. I cheered for the Canadiens because rightfully the Stanley Cup playoffs should include Canadian Teams. I also feel bad because the elimination was the worst being that in 2009 the Canadiens celebrated their Centennial Season in the NHL. To be swept in the first round is painful but for Montreal fans and for Canadians, watching your team being eliminated would have to be the worst sinking feelings. I take comfort that at least the Calgary Flames are still in the running.
Here are best wishes to the Montreal Canadiens for next season. Bottom photo of Robert Lang #20 is just for old time shake as I remember when Lang was with the Detroit Red Wings. These photos were taken when the Canadiens visited the Blues on Sunday, November 16, 2008.

No comments: